I’m gonna be honest with you guys right now. I don’t care about Valentine’s Day. I think it is stupid to take one day of the year and declare it the Day of Love. No. Everyday should be a day of love. everyday should be Valentine’s Day. But that’s not the topic of this post.
I know that many people, single people in particular, are very depressed on Valentine’s Day. And, yes, I do get why that is. The Media gives us the image of a world where everyone has found their significant other. Well, everyone, except for you. So it’s quite understandable that you are feeling lonely.
So right here I have a list of things you can do on Valentine’s Day, even though you’re single.
- You are not alone. People always forget that there are other people on this wonderful planet that are single as well. Not everyone is happy on Valentine’s Day. So what can you do? Find those people and be happy! Even though society tells you not to do: Go out! You are single. You are desperate. That’s the best combination you could have!
- Do something nice for yourself. Did you know that 14% of women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day? It sounds crazy, I know. It may be crazy. What I am talking about is, give yourself a little treat for being a strong single individual. You are not dependent on anyone! Well done! Buy yourself some chocolate. Get flowers. Get new, fancy clothes. Whatever makes you happy. This is your day.
- Try Tinder. Everyone will be a little more generous on Tinder when being alone on Valentine’s Day. You will probably receive twice as many matches as you would normally get. So get that Tinder started and swipe everyone to the right. You could have a nice and lovely evening if you’re lucky😉
- Go and spend time with people that are forgotten on Valentine’s Day. I am talking about your grandparents for example. Go and spend some time with them. Or even you parents. Everyone is happy to have some company on Valentine’s Day. You don’t need a partner to be loved or to love. No. Go and love your family.
- Turn off the Internet and TV, get yourself some chocolate, sit down in a corner and cry.
That’s all for now. I hope you find this interesting and helpful😉